CoSMEd 2011 will be held from 15 to 17 November 2011 in Penang, Malaysia. One of the issues that confront educators today is the concern of educating young minds to meet the challenges in a globalising world. Many countries are faced with the challenge of preparing citizens who will be able to address global, national and local problems. In this regard, Science and Mathematics knowledge has become essential as they empower people to usefully apply their knowledge more effectively to solve problems.
There is however a need to educate the young so that they can fully utilise the power of Science and Mathematics, taking advantage of the technologies that are available. On the one hand, it is our hope to see more children being scientifically and mathematically literate, yet on the contrary we often see children become disinterested in Science and Mathematics through the way it is taught in schools.
This conference thus aims to bring educators and researchers together to discuss and address issues in improving Science and Mathematics for the 21st century; developing children’s ability to think scientifically and apply Science and mathematical knowledge for personal as well as for the benefit of the community.
The objectives of this conference are :
1. To provide a forum to review issues, exchange of ideas and share experiences on the development of Science and Mathematics education at all levels.
2. To discuss developments in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) integration to improve learning of Science and Mathematics.
3. To exchange ideas on continuing professional development as a means to sustain the development of high quality Science and Mathematics teachers.
4. To encourage the sharing of knowledge, skills and experiences of experts working on new strategies to sustain Science and Mathematics education reforms in teaching and assessment.
5. To strengthen professional networking among Science and Mathematics educators both locally and globally.
6. To maintain professional contacts to enhance cooperation among a consortium of international organisations and educational institutions to facilitate greater dissemination and exchange of expertise at an international level.
- Leadership (e.g. language)
- Policy (e.g. Regional policies, regional assessment)
- Teacher Education
- Curriculum (e.g. interdisciplinary curriculum)
- Pedagogy (e.g. pedagogies for digital natives, traditional versus virtual labs)
- Informal Learning (e.g. museum, industry network)
- Values and Culture
- Children with Special Needs (e.g. special education needs, gifted students, under achievers)
Registration This Conference
Participants may register on-line at http://www.recsam.edu.my/cosmed. The Early Bird rate only applies if registration form is received by 10th September 2011. The registration fee will cover admittance to the conference proper, conference facilities, conference programme booklet, conference CD, refreshments and any scheduled reception or banquet during the conference. Payments are to be made by bank draft/ telegraphic transfer/ local order made payable to the following address:
Bank A/C : 557157000647
A/C Type : Current Account
SWIFT Code: MBBEMYKLA
Bank Name : Malayan Banking Berhad
Add : 345-H, Gelugor Club Building, 11700, Gelugor, Penang, Malaysia. (All local and overseas charges are to be borne by the remitter)
Incoming search terms:continuing professional development schools
- Fourth International Conference on Science in Society
- 2011 International Conference on Network and Computer Science (ICNCS 2011)
- World Congress on Engineering and Computer Science 2011
- 2011 International Conference on Biomedical Engineering and Technology (ICBET 2011)
- 1st International Conference on Mathematical Sciences and Applications (ICMSA-2011)