The eighth Congress of the International Association for the History of Nephrology will be held from Thursday, September 20th through Saturday, September 22nd, 2012 in Paestum (Salerno, Italy).
The International Association for the History of Nephrology (IAHN) awards the Evamaria Kinne-Saffran Lecture in History of Medicine on the occasion of every conference.
Evamaria Kinne-Saffran (1941-2002) was a vivid supporter of the value of interdisciplinary bridges and a convincing advocate of the importance of the past in understanding the present and predicting the future.
The award is aimed to support scientists, nephrologists interested in History and historians interested in Nephrology alike, who have recently made a major contribution to the field of Nephrology. It includes a prize of US $2,000 to present a lecture at the Inaugural Ceremony of the IAHN Conferences.”
About the IAHN
The International Association for the History of Nephrology (IAHN) was founded in 1994 by a group of nephrologists with the purpose of promoting, stimulating, and encouraging research, study, interest, and writing in the History of Medicine as it pertains to all aspects related to the kidney and urinary tract.
The IAHN supports, and cooperates with local, national, and international organizations with similar purposes. It organizes and arranges meetings, forums, and seminars. It also presents awards and issues publications that serve its purpose. It conducts its activities for educational, scientific, and literary purposes, and not for financial profit.
Any person interested in the History of Nephrology can apply for Regular Membership by submitting an application, endorsed by a Member of the Association, to the President or Secretary, and acceptance thereof by the Council of the Association. The dues are fifty (50) U.S. dollars for each three-year period. Associate Membership is available upon application to the Secretary by individuals who are active full-time students or trainees in recognized academic institutions or training programs.
After a first International Conference in Naples (1993), the IAHN has organized seven International Conferences in such historical places as Kos (1996), Padua (1998), Taormina (2001), Cassino (2003), Gdansk (2005), Giardini Naxos (2008) and Torun (2010). The proceedings of the Naples and the next three conferences have been published in the History of Nephrology series (Basel, Karger), and those of the Cassino and Gdansk ones in the New Series (Milan, Wichtig).
Proceedings from Past Meetings IAHN :
- History of Nephrology – 1st International Conference, Naples/Montecassino, October 1993: Proceedings
- History of Nephrology 2 – 1st Congress of the International Association for the History of Nephrology, Kos, October 1996
- History of Nephrology 3 – Reports from the Second Congress of the International Association for the History of Nephrology, Padova, Italy, October 4–7, 1998
- History of Nephrology 4 – 3rd Congress of the International Association for the History of Nephrology, Taormina, November 2001
- The History of Nephrology – New Series No. 1 – 2003
- The History of Nephrology – New Series No. 2 – 2005
- Journal of Nephrology – Special Issue: History of Nephrology – Volume 19 S10, May-June 2006.
There is no information about date of registration. You can visit the for more details.