College Conference: The upcoming conference that sponsored by Institute for Hate Studies will be held at Spokane, WA, United States on 6 to 9 April 2011. This conference named “The Second International Conference on Hate Studies: Interdisciplinary Approaches to Understanding the Nature of Hate, Crafting Models for Combating Hatred, and Implications for Practice”.
The conference convenes best academics from multiple disciplines from globally,students college, law enforcement personnel,teachers, journalists, educators in scholls or colleges, representatives from governmental and non-governmental organizations, human rights specialist, community organizers, activists, and other people to talk about violence from multiple perspectives. The conference comes with keynote addresses, specific sessions, workshops, panels, and paper presentations over theoretical and disciplinary lenses.
The lessons learned and plans which emerge will help educators, researchers, law enforcement, advocates, and others to better analyze and combat hatred in its previous manifestations.
International Conference on Hate Studies has featured speakers consist of:
- Izzeldin Abuelaish ,Michael and Amira Dan Professor in Global Health, Dalla Lana School of Public Health, University of Toronto and author of I Shall Not Hate: A Gaza Doctor’s Journey on the Road to Peace and Human Dignity
- Keith Aoki – Professor, University of California at Davis School of Law
- Steven Bender – James & Ilene Hershner Professor and Director of Portland Programs, University of Oregon School of Law
- Barbara Perry – Associate Professor and Dean of Social Sciences and Humanities, University of Ontario Institute of Technology
- Hannah Rosenthal – Special Envoy to Monitor and Combat Anti-Semitism, U.S. Department of State
- Kenneth Stern – Specialist on Anti-Semitism and Extremism, American Jewish Committee
- Charlene Teters (Slum Tah, Spokane Nation) – Professor, Institute of American Indian Arts, Santa Fe; subject of documentary film In Whose Honor
This conference is going to meet top lecturers, local community organizers, among others to talk about hatred from a various perspectives. So if you interest about this conference, you can check the event website at http://guweb2.gonzaga.edu/againsthate/Conference2011.htm for more details.