AfricaMS 2012, this conference will be held on 5 to 7 September 2012 in Gaborone, Botswana. This conference is an international forum for researchers and practitioners interested in the advances in and applications of modelling and simulation. It is an opportunity to present and observe the latest research, results, and ideas in these areas.
Why attend an IASTED conference?
- Multidisciplinary – You will meet researchers working in a variety of different areas.
- International – An average conference has over 30 different countries represented.
- Tutorials – Most conferences normally have conferences have part of the registration fee.
- Entertaining Dinner Banquet – The dinner banquets are an excellent opportunity for networking and to socialize.
- Excellent Keynote Speakers – World renowned keynote and invited speakers.
- Awards – Many of the conferences have awards for best paper and best PhD paper.
- Competitions – Some conferences have software competitions or mobile robot competitions.
- Tours – Most conferences have both evening and day tours to a variety of interesting and beautiful locations.
- Industry Tours – Some conference have industry specific tours.
- Proceedings – Conference proceedings are indexed by leading indexing organizations.
The topics of interest to be covered by AfricaMS 2012 include, but are not limited to:
- Agent-based Modelling
- Bond Graph Modelling
- Continuous and Discrete Methodologies
- Dynamic Modelling
- Information Communications Technologies
- Mathematical Modelling
- Model Development
- Numerical Methods
- Physically-based Modelling
- Time Series Analysis
- Applications of Simulation in: Engineering, Environment, Socio-Economi. Discrete Event Simulation
- Distributed Simulation
- Monte Carlo Simulation
- Object-Oriented Implementation
- Simulation Optimization
- Simulation Tools and Languages
- Simulation Uncertainty
- Virtual Reality
- Web-based Simulation
Submit your paper via our website at: www.iasted.org/conferences/submit-761.html. All submissions should be in Adobe Acrobat (.PDF) format.
The IASTED Secretariat must receive your paper by April 1, 2012. Receipt of paper submission will be confirmed by email.
Initial Paper Requirements
All papers submitted to IASTED conferences must be previously unpublished and may not be considered for publication elsewhere at any time during IASTED’s review period. Authors are limited to a maximum of three paper submissions.
Initial paper submissions should be full papers. Papers of up to 8 pages in length are included in the conference registration fee. An extra charge will apply for every additional page for papers longer than 8 pages. Authors are responsible for having their papers checked for style and grammar before submitting to IASTED. Papers may be rejected if the language is not satisfactory.
When submitting a paper, complete the online initial paper submission form, designating an author who will attend the conference, and provide four key words to indicate the subject area of your paper. At least one of the key words must be taken from the list of topics provided under Scope, above.
Formatting instructions for initial papers are available at www.iasted.org/formatting-initial-page.html.
All papers submitted to this conference will be double-blind peer reviewed by at least two members of the International Program Committee and related technical committees. Acceptance will be based primarily on originality, significance, technical soundness, presentation, and references. The conference chair makes the final decision on the acceptance or rejection of the paper.
Acceptance and Registration
Notification of acceptance will be sent via email by May 15, 2012. Final manuscripts are due by June 1, 2012. Registration and final payment are due by June 15, 2012. Late registration fees or paper submissions will result in the papers being excluded from the conference proceedings.
Only one paper of up to eight pages is included in the regular registration fee. There will be an added charge for extra pages and additional papers.
Final Paper Requirements
The final paper must be correctly formatted and submitted online at http://pdfportal.iasted.org.
The formatting instructions can be found at: www.iasted.org/formatting-final-page.html and must be strictly followed. The page limit for final papers is eight single-spaced pages in 10 point Times New Roman font.