International Society for the Study of Behavioural Development (ISSBD) is the biggest international organization of researchers studying human development across the lifespan. ISSBD commite invite proposals from students and scholars from any part of the world on all aspects of behavioural development.This students conference will be held on July 8-12, 2012 in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
- A non-profit organization of 1100 members from 60 countries on 6 continents promoting and conducting research on human development (how individuals change) from infancy to late life
- Fosters education and research collaboration among human development scholars
- Sponsors promising new researchers so that they gain and apply knowledge for the benefit of human development in their countries
- Holds training workshops bringing together international experts and aspiring new researchers
- Meets every two years in a different part of the world
What is ISSBD 2012?
- The 22nd ISSBD biennial meeting to be held July 8-12, 2012 in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- Most activities will take place at the Shaw Conference Centre, beginning with welcome ceremonies starting on Sunday, July 8 at 4:00 pm and concluding with the farewell reception the evening of Thursday, July 12.
- Hosted by the University of Alberta
Why attend ISSBD 2012?
- Present your research on behavioural development in any segment of the lifespan
- Learn about human development research conducted by professionals and students in the areas of developmental science, health, education, psychology, sociology and related fields
- Meet and network with researchers of human development from all over the world
- Explore opportunities for collaborative and cross-national research
Here are some important dates of ISSBD Conference, you must know !
Call for proposals. Call for proposals will be uploaded by the end of April. You can check ISSBD 2012 Conference website at http://www.issbd2012.com/.
Opening of online registration. We have check the event website, and the fact, online registration will be available in September 2011.
September 30, 2011
Deadline for submitting abstracts
December 15, 2011
Notification of acceptance
February 29, 2012
Deadline for early-bird registration
June 1, 2012
Deadline for standard registration
Here are some keynote speakers of ISSBD 2012 Conference:
- Dr. Michael Meaney, from McGill University, Canada : Opening Ceremony Speaker.
- Prof. Marinus van IJzendoorn from University of Leiden, Netherlands:For better and for worse: Determinants of children’s differential susceptibility to the environment.
- Dr. Ellen Bialystok from York University, Canada: Bilingualism in development: Implications for language and cognitive ability.
- Dr. Jeanne Brooks-Gunn from Columbia University, United States: Growing up in families and neighbourhoods: When do both matter?.
- Prof. Kaarin Anstey from Australian National University, Australia: Optimizing cognitive development over the life course and preventing cognitive decline: Findings from longitudinal research.
You can check the event webiste for more details at http://www.issbd2012.com/. Enjoy !